The University of Oxford is ranked amongst the best in the world. Come and explore employment options in the Information Security Group and have a direct impact on ground breaking research, with a global impact, and amongst a great team.
Our current vacancies can be found below. Please click the link to see the full job advertisement:
Information Security GRC Specialist
Linux Security Lead
About the Information Security Group
The Information Security Group has a responsibility to protect an eclectic mix of departments, divisions and colleges. A huge variety of networks, which serve information and operational technologies, will attract someone who is up for a challenge. On offer is a selection of permanent and / or fixed term contract posts with our Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) team or the security operations team (OxCERT).
The two teams deliver a broad range of functions:
- Security Architectures
- Certifications for research, payment card standards and NHS compliance.
- Project, supply chain and service cyber security assessments.
- Training, comms and human factors
- Incident response supported by network monitoring & intrusion detection.
- Vulnerability scanning, endpoint, email and cloud security.
- Critical system monitoring.
- Security systems management, design and innovation.
Why is this such a challenge?
The University is made up of 45 independent colleges and halls which deliver teaching, learning and research by working with hundreds of departments covering the following broad areas:
- Medical Sciences Division.
- Maths, Physics and Life Sciences.
- Social Sciences
- University, Administration & Services.
- Gardens, Libraries and Museums.
- Continuing Education.
Oxford University ranked number 1 in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for the sixth year running, and at the heart of this success is our ground-breaking research and innovation.
Information security was an important supporting effect to COVID-19 research including the Oxford / AstraZeneca vaccine saving lives with 2 billion doses now delivered to over 172 countries. The therapeutics research has equally discovered beneficial and cost effective treatments for COVID-19 saving millions of lives.
If you would like to get in contact with us regarding any of the current vacancies, please contact us on the email addresses below: